||This course provides an opportunity to apply knowledge and skill in an actual child development setting. Students will demonstrate competence in promoting health, safety and nutrition; guiding children; arranging learning environments; and communicating with parents.
- Observe guidance skills of care provider.
- Observe site practices to ensure physical and emotional health and safety.
- Observe site practices for developing relationships with parents.
- Implement knowledge of child development to develop behavior guidance strategies.
- Implement variety of child behavior guidance strategies.
- Use knowledge of nutrition to examine site meals and snacks.
- Use knowledge of nutrition to plan menu of meals and snacks.
- Display professionalism.
- Integrate knowledge of appropriate child environments in examining site environment.
- Examine site environment as an element of behavior guidance.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines