||This course examines the development of and provides hands-on experiences for children with special needs in an integrated child care or primary school-age setting. Students integrate knowledge of developmental needs, developmentally appropriate environments and effective teaching methods.
- Recognize legislation related to education of children with special needs.
- Understand process for Individualized Education Plans and Individualized Family Service Plan.
- Observe individual characteristics, developmental patterns, and special needs.
- Demonstrate special needs planning and teaching strategies.
- Demonstrate understanding of special needs program implementation strategies.
- Demonstrate understanding of typical and atypical child development.
- Examine legislation related to education of children with special needs.
- Describe home, school, and community-based services.
- Describe multiple special needs conditions.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines