||This course covers the relationship between the caregiver and the child's family. The students will explore strategies to maintain professional relationships with co-workers, parents and outside organizations. Cultural diversity/dynamics, bias, public education, housing, employment, crime, health care, legal services and social services will be explored.
- Display professionalism in the classroom.
- Examine staff policies and procedures.
- Describe problem solving strategies.
- Examine diverse family structures.
- Display knowledge of negotiation strategies.
- Construct communication tools to be used with parents.
- Demonstrate understanding of social service programs for families.
- Evaluate parent policies from child care industries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Early Childhood Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines