||This course provides an opportunity to apply knowledge and skill in an actual child development setting. Students implement a variety of learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive for a specific group of children. This course is to be taken during the student's final semester in the program.
- Integrate learning from previous courses to create developmentally appropropriate learning experiences for children.
- Apply appropriate guidance strategies for children based on knowledge of developmental stages.
- Communicate effectively with parents and co-workers.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors consistent with the child care professional code of ethics.
- Integrate learning from previous courses to analyze various practices within the internship setting.
- Communicate questions or issues with supervising teacher and classroom instructor.
- Collaborate with supervising teacher and classroom instructor to resolve any questions or issues.
- Observe and record appropriate learning experiences.
- Implement reflective practice as an element of professional development.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines