||This course covers survey principles involved in civil engineering technology including topographic surveys, utilities, drainage and roadway alignment. This course emphasizes the use of Total Station and GPS for collecting data and CAD/Civil software for processing data.
- Utilize various coordinate mapping systems including State Plane, UTM, and other recognized standards.
- Create topographic map of an existing site.
- Complete subdivision plats.
- Analyze cross-sections.
- Compute earthwork volumes.
- Demonstrate usage of GPS equipment.
- Determine missing corner positions.
- Complete survey of existing and proposed roadways.
- Demonstrate data management skills.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines