||The student will apply history, principles, rules and laws pertaining to land surveying. The student will research land survey records, identify property boundaries, reconstruct land surveys and draft legal descriptions. Students will also participate in boundary survey projects.
- Research survey records using proper procedures.
- Create legal property descriptions from field data.
- Construct original surveys from existing records.
- Examine the roles, rights, and responsibilities of surveyors in both the public and private domains.
- Create drawings of field surveys in CAD.
- Import data into the data collector or total station for use in field surveying.
- Export field data to the computer for analysis in CAD or other software.
- Evaluate compliance of field surveys to industry standards.
- Output completed surveys to plotter.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines