||This course covers the instruction and application of Global Positioning System (GPS) technology and GPS equipment for surveying. Students will learn surveying principles, equipment and software used in GPS to meet current-day technological practices.
- Examine global navigation satellite system (GNSS) concepts.
- Demonstrate Real-Time Kinematic Surveying (RTK) concepts and methods.
- Explain coordinate systems and GNSS calibration theory.
- Study and use Trimble TSC3 data collector and Trimble Business Center software.
- Operate GPS rover via TSC3 data collector software.
- Perform data maintenance operations on the TSC3 data collector.
- Create new projects via TSC3 data collector and Trimble Business Center software.
- Use ActiveSync for file transfer between data collector and computer.
- Edit GPS data and settings in Trimble Business Center software.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines