||This course will include introduction to hydraulic principles, hydrology, pipe and open channel flow, watershed analysis and storm water regulations.
|| CIVL2234 AND CIVL2240
- Delineate watersheds based on available topographic data.
- Determine proper culvert sizing based on watershed data.
- Calculate watershed basin quantities including drainage area, surface area and volume.
- Compute runoff curve number and time of concentration for watershed analyses.
- Evaluate existing storm water drainage systems for capacity analyses.
- Determine project compliance with federal, state and local erosion control requirements.
- Survey potential sites to determine watershed boundaries.
- Create topographical maps showing watershed information.
- Determine basic storm water detention pond sizing.
- Lay out a plan view for a storm water collection system.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines