||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 1 and 2. This course is designed to provide individuals with basic communication principles for positive relationships in career settings. This is accomplished through oral, written and intra/interpersonal communication skills which are valued for life and work experiences. Changes in the life/work environment are characterized by greater cultural diversity, the performance of more work by teams and the need for greater ability to cope effectively with life/work issues and problems that require extensive knowledge of human relationships.
ENGL0040 AND ENGL0050
- Analyze the importance of applying human relationship skills in everyday communication.
- Review the history and evolution of the human relations movement as it relates to modern day challenges.
- Evaluate ways to improve personal and organizational communication.
- Explore communication styles, self esteem, personal values and beliefs, attitude formation, and motivation in relation to effectively dealing with others.
- Develop personal communication strategies for building good relationships.
- Characterize a professional image.
- Identify team building strategies.
- Describe effective conflict resolution strategies.
- Analyze modern-day challenges of human relations and communications.
- Develop a life plan for communication through effective human relations.
|MnTC goal areas:
- (1) Communication
- (2) Critical Thinking
« back to course outlines