||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6.This course is intended to introduce students to the principles and techniques of selecting and analyzing appropriate literary selections and the interpretation of literature through vocal and nonverbal delivery.
- Understand the process necessary to interpret a wide variety of literature.
- Demonstrate principles and techniques of literary selection.
- Engage in the creative process and interpretive performance of literature through oral delivery.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction about each literary selection delivered.
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of literary works available for oral interpretations.
- Deliver and interpret literature of different genres in front of an audience.
- Create meaning by developing vocal variety in oral delivery of literature.
- Enhance meaning of literature through physical delivery.
- Analyze selections of literary works in order to form an aesthetic appreciation.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
« back to course outlines