||This course covers the knowledge base associated with the Minnesota Power-Limited Technician license and includes all of the topics identified in the Minnesota Board of Electricity PLT study guide. Subjects covered include those found in the National Electrical Code and in the Minnesota laws and rules. Additional subjects covered include technical terminology, formulas and procedures that are essential elements of the PLT examination, not all of which are found in the NEC.
- Analyze the laws and rules regulating licensing of electricians and power-limited technicians.
- Analyze provisions of National Electrical Code relevant to the PLT license.
- Analyze terms and definitions associated with the National Electrical Code.
- Analyze grounding and wiring methods of power-limited circuits.
- Analyze power-limited special circuits occupancies, conditions, and equipment.
- Analyze communications systems.
- Analyze NEC tables.
- Interpret relevant electrical theory, formulas and processes.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines