||This course provides an overview of the construction management industry and introduces the students to the duties and responsibilities of the construction professional. The emphasis of this course will be on the importance of the industry, the industry's impact and responsibilities to society, and career opportunities for successful students.
- Investigate the history of construction.
- Examine the impact of the construction industry on society.
- Research new concepts in construction.
- Explain methods of green construction.
- Investigate, define and apply construction terminology.
- Define multiple steps in the construction management process which have an effect on the schedule.
- Research and describe the roles of each discipline in the building process.
- Research career opportunities in construction management.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines