||This course is designed to introduce the Uniform Building Code to students in the construction field, where a basic knowledge of the code's requirements is needed. Emphasis will be placed on the development and proper use of the code.
- Summarize the history of building codes.
- Examine administrative procedures.
- Identify occupancy group requirements.
- Examine types of construction.
- Analyze fire-resistive requirements.
- Assess exit requirements.
- Examine handicapped access for structures.
- Investigate sites, soils and foundations.
- Assess design requirements for concrete, masonry and steel.
- Examine structural wood panel/sawn lumber grade stamps.
- Explore conventional light frame construction details.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines