||This course includes construction management applications in the areas of safety and health. Students will have an opportunity to earn OSHA 30-hour authorization for successful course completion.
- Explore history of health/safety movement.
- Investigate workers' compensation programs/practices.
- Examine general OSHA rules/regulations.
- Identify means for implementation of workplace safety assessments.
- Examine Right to Know and Hazard Communication.
- Examine OSHA's Fall Protection rules/regulations.
- Evaluate safety/health management responsibilities.
- Understand empolyer requirements for safe jobsites.
- Identify various types of construction safety/health hazards and means of hazard mitigation.
- Determine the proper application and use for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines