||This course includes construction management applications in the areas of safety and health. Students will have an opportunity to write construction company safety policies and work directly with other governmental safety and health programs and policies as they are used by construction companies.
- Explore history of health/safety movement.
- Explore safety laws/legislation.
- Investigate workers' compensation programs/practices.
- Manage workers' compensation programs.
- Examine general OSHA rules/regulations.
- Prepare workplace safety assessments.
- Examine Right-to-Know/Hazard Communication.
- Prepare company Right-to-Know documents.
- Examine OSHA's Fall Protection rules/regulations.
- Prepare hazard analysis documents.
- Evaluate safety/health management responsibilities.
- Develop company safety programs/policy.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines