||This course is intended for manicurists, estheticians and some transfer students. In a condensed form, this course will include the topics of chemistry, electricity, salon business, professional image, anatomy and infection control.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ergonomic principles and ergonomically correct postures and movements.
- Discuss Universal Precautions and your responsibilities as a salon professional.
- Name the ten main body systems and explain their basic functions.
- Explain the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Understand the principles of electrical equipment safety.
- Explain the importance of keeping accurate business records.
- Describe how to safely clean and disinfect salon tools and equipment.
- Name and describe the types of ownership under which a salon may operate.
- Explain pH and the pH scale.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines