||In this course students will learn some of the basic techniques pertaining to hair, skin and nails and meet a portion of the required hours toward the State Board of Cosmetology. The course content will provide a brief overview of all the cosmetology topics that are required by the State Board of Cosmetology for licensure. Upon completion of this course, students attending one year will earn 90 hours toward their cosmetology license. Students who elect to take the course a second time will earn 180 hours toward their cosmetology license.
- Conduct a successful client consultation.
- Describe how to safely clean and disinfect salon tools and equipment.
- Explain the difference between cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
- Describe the structure and composition of the skin.
- Describe the structure and composition of the nails.
- Describe the structure and composition of the hair.
- Demonstrate the safe and proper use of the various tools of haircutting.
- Demonstrate the procedure for a basic facial.
- Demonstrate the procedure for a basic manicure.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines