||1 – 18
||In this course, students will work in a licensed salon in order to meet the required 1550 hours of salon experience stipulated by the State Board of Cosmetology. Students will use this course to supplement their existing salon experience. Credits will be awarded to reflect the number of additional hours the student works in order to meet the state requirements.
- Conduct a successful client consultation.
- Explain how to handle an unhappy client.
- Understand state laws and rules.
- Describe how to safely clean and disinfect salon tools and implements.
- Explain the differences between cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing.
- Conduct a hair and scalp analysis.
- Identify different facial shapes.
- Demonstrate the appropriate draping for a chemical service.
- Perform the four basic haircuts.
- Demonstrate the proper use of thermal irons.
- Describe how hydroxide relaxers straighten the hair.
- Explain the difference between an alkaline wave and a true acid wave.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines