||This is an introduction to networking. This course covers a network model, basic networking math, basic network devices and an introduction to network design.
- Compare various networking models.
- Compare the various types of networking media.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Recognize the components involved with assembling a network.
- Design and assemble small working networks.
- Recognize the tools necessary to troubleshoot networks.
- Solve network hardware and software problems.
- Use network monitoring tools to troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Explain IP addressing and subnetting.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines