||This course covers the operation, diagnosis, troubleshooting and basic repair of microcomputer components. Topics include hardware compatibility, system architecture, memory, input devices, video displays, disk drives, modems and printers.
- Analyze the operation of a microcomputer.
- Recognize microcomputer system architecture.
- Examine the various types of computer hardware.
- Demonstrate hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Plan the building of a working computer.
- Analyze the operation of system software.
- Plan a working operating system installation.
- Manage a working operating system.
- Demonstrate operating system troubleshooting skills.
- Examine the various types of networks.
- Examine the various types of printers.
- Examine the various types of portable microcomputers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines