||This is an advanced course for computer hardware, including desktop and laptop personal computers, operating systems, basic IT security and basic networking fundamentals.Topics covered include computer hardware and operating system configurations, building a basic network, networking technologies and protocols, and preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of information technology hardware, software, security and networked devices.
- Explain safe lab procedures and tool use.
- Upgrade and configure personal computer, laptop, and printer components and peripherals.
- Identify and apply common preventive maintenance techniques.
- Select the appropriate operating system based on customer needs.
- Install, configure, and optimize an operating system.
- Describe wireless communication methods for laptops and portable devices.
- Describe repaires for laptops and portable devices.
- Describe potential safety hazards and safety procedures associated with printers and scanners.
- Describe how to share a printer and a scanner on a network.
- Design and implement a network based on the customer's needs.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines