||This course covers basic information about computer hardware and software and the use of the Windows operating system. Topics include file management techniques, utilizing common screen elements, multitasking, object linking and customizing the desktop.
- Examine various operating systems.
- Utilize system and administrative tools.
- Plan an operating system installation or upgrade.
- Manage file systems and storage.
- Manage user accounts.
- Implement security practices.
- Implement network services.
- Manage printers.
- Monitor computer performance.
- Examine disaster recovery options.
- Administer application support.
- Demonstrate desktop troubleshooting.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines