||This course serves as an introduction to the American criminal justice system including police, courts and correctional systems. Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training Board objectives are also covered in this course.
- Explain the core components of the criminal justice system (e.g. law enforcement, judiciary and corrections)
- Identify the constitutional foundations of the criminal justice system.
- Explain the process of how laws are created, enforced, interpreted and revised.
- Compare the social perspectives and sociological concepts that impact the criminal justice system.
- Explore the history and relationships of the core componets of the criminal justice system currently and in the future.
- Identify the courtroom workgroup and the stages of the court process.
- Explain the concepts and theories of corrections.
- Explore criminal justice careers and how the criminal justice system is changing.
- Identify Minnesota POST Board learning objectives related to the administration of justice.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines