||This course will deal with use of force issues relating to correctional officers, defensive tactics and control techniques, proper restraint techniques and less-than-lethal weapons training. Lecture and practical applications are included in the course. Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training Board learning objectives relating to physical control and less-than-lethal weapons are also covered.
- Differentiate various methods of physical control.
- Compare various "Less Lethal" weapons.
- Explain the "Use of Force" continuum.
- Demonstrate proper physical control techniques.
- Demonstrate proper use of OC (pepper spray).
- Demonstrate proper use of a Taser.
- Identify appropriate situations for use of physical control techniques.
- Identify appropriate situations for use of "Less Lethal" weapons.
- Explain proper use of force and treatment of prisoners/arrestees.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines