||This course is devoted primarily to Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training objectives including but not limited to the following areas: cultural awareness, stress management, domestic abuse, crisis intervention, communication, bias-motivated crimes, victims, ethics and human behavior.
- Demonstrate an understanding of victims and victim's rights.
- Explain domestic family abuse along with effective intervention and prevention strategies.
- Relate the essential characteristics of leadership.
- Analyze ethics in criminal justice and ethical situations common to criminal justice employment.
- Demonstrate various means of effective communication important to criminal justice.
- Examine positive and negative stress in criminal justice employment and effective strategies for dealing with negative stress.
- Interpret the concept of bias-motivated crime and living and working in a diverse culture.
- Explore communicating effectively with a diverse culture.
- Analyze crisis intervention skills necessary for criminal justice practitioners.
- Examine basic personality development in terms of the scientific research of Freud and Erikson.
- Summarize the symptoms and strategies for dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Investigate the symptoms and short-term strategies for dealing with various abnormal personality types.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines