||This course looks at a variety of contemporary issues that are considered to be hot spots in law enforcement and criminal justice such as police pursuits, deadly force, gangs, terrorism, etc. Applicable Minnesota Police Officer Standards and Training Board learning objectives are also covered.
- Identify the basic concepts and terminology of the identified topic as related to its impact on law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
- Explore how the face of terrorism has changed over the past century.
- Examine how the increased threat of terrorism has changed over the past century.
- Discuss issues related to terrorism in America such as racial profiling and gang violence.
- Explain the steps that have been taken to protect Americans from the threat of terrorism within our borders.
- Examine employment opportunities within the criminal justice system created by the threat of terrorism.
- Evaluate the thinking and views of various types of terrorists and terrorist organizations in history.
- Discuss incidents of terrorism occurring within U.S. borders.
- Identify significant domestic terrorist groups and ideologies.
- Discuss how the threat of terrorism has impacted the personal freedoms of Americans.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines