||This course introduces the basics of network security. The student will be introduced to network vulnerabilities and threats and how to safeguard computer networks from those vulnerabilities and threats. This course will expose the student to network security planning, network security technology, network security organization and legal and ethical issues associated with network security.
- Identify the components of Information Systems Security (INFOSEC).
- Explain Operations Security (OPSEC).
- Discuss the components of Information Security.
- Employ the elements of Information Systems Security (INFOSEC).
- Formulate security policies and guidance documents.
- Interpret legal issues within Information Security.
- Apply the concepts of risk assessment.
- Analyze the concepts of system life cycle management.
- Demonstrate the concept of trust.
- Employ the modes of computer operation.
- Analyze the roles of various organizational personnel.
- Apply the facets of Information Security.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines