||This course introduces the student to the various methodologies for attacking a network. The student will be introduced to concepts, principles and techniques, supplemented by hands-on exercises for attacking and disabling a network. The course will emphasize network attack methodologies with the emphasis on student use of network attack techniques and tools.
- Describe threats to and vulnerabilities of systems.
- Perform risk management functions.
- Plan a security assessment using current practices.
- Perform a security assessment using current practices.
- Utilize current tools to assess network security.
- Conduct a penetration test using current practices.
- Employ information reconnaissance techniques.
- Conduct an IT audit using current best practices.
- Implement countermeasures for networks.
- Complete written documentation of threats.
- Evaluate methods of non-network methods to gain network access.
- Analyze methods used by attackers to avoid detection.
- Conduct attacks on a controlled network.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines