||This is a hands-on course in a computer industry setting. The student will apply skills, knowledge and behaviors acquired in prior courses to the computer business situation. The student will provide phone and/or direct support to computer customers and gain a working knowledge of the technical analyst position.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building a personal computer.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building a laptop.
- Troubleshoot and repair personal computers, laptops, printers, and other peripherals.
- Demonstrate installation of hardware and software.
- Demonstrate customer service skills in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and good ethical behavior in a professional environment.
- Keep a regular journal of learning experiences.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting network hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Demonstrate training skills and the ability to write for the end-user.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills via verbal and written means.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines