||This course provides the opportunity for hands-on application of the skills required in various stations worked by a line cook in the preparation of menu items typical of a commercial food service operation.
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Exhibit teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper tool and equipment operation.
- Demonstrate work station organization.
- Evaluate food temperatures and adhere to proper cooking techniques.
- Evaluate equipment temperature ranges, cleanliness and operation.
- Manage food product rotation, par levels and production requirements.
- Demonstrate proper operation of the fryer, griddle and broiler.
- Evaluate quality and appearance of cooked food products.
- Adhere to portion control standards.
- Demonstrate preparing and assembling food orders in a timely manner.
- Use effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate customer service.
- Demonstrate conflict and complaint resolution.
- Facilitate effective communication with peers, customers, faculty and staff.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines