||This course covers food safe basics through handling procedures, food storage, cleaning, sanitizing, purchasing and receiving. This course follows the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Model Food Code, and students will test for the National Restaurant Association (NRA) ServSafe Certification exam at the conclusion of the class.
- Recognize safe food handling procedures.
- Recognize food safety hazards.
- Define proper personal hygiene.
- Identify and distinguish the steps of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety system.
- Define safe storage procedures regarding food handling.
- Explain proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Recognize pest management techniques.
- Identify proper purchasing and receiving procedures for safe food handling.
- Distinguish between the various regulatory agencies outlined in the FDA Food Code.
- Complete NRA ServSafe Certification exam.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines