||This course is a systematic approach to developing menus for a well-defined concept or themed food operation. The course also examines the application of food service marketing principles to define a target customer and create cohesive menu designs, copy and delivery methods which reflect the chosen concept or theme.
- Differentiate food service market segments including food operations and service styles.
- Produce a well-defined food operation concept or theme in a specific location.
- Research and examine demographics to evaluate feasibility.
- Identify a target market using demographic research and location-specific data.
- Examine descriptive terminology used in writing menu copy.
- Examine state and federal regulations, requirements and guidelines in menu writing.
- Differentiate various forms of menu layouts and designs.
- Prepare four separate formatted menus reflecting concept or theme and target market.
- Apply marketing functions to research competition and perform competition analysis.
- Apply marketing functions to devolop a promotional strategy.
- Apply marketing functions to prepare a narrative for the promotional strategy.
- Apply marketing functions to effectively deliver narrative to target customers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines