||This course introduces the student to line cooking by preparing a variety of hot and cold menu items in a fast-paced kitchen environment. The course provides students with hands-on application and continued practice of short order cooking and exposure to the various foods prepared in the cold kitchen/pantry.
- Demonstrate professionalism, teamwork and customer service.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Evaluate and demonstrate proper operation and cleanliness of professional cooking equipment.
- Demonstrate workstation setup, organization, teardown and cleanup.
- Demonstrate preparing and assembling food orders in a timely manner.
- Identify the classifications of salads, salad ingredients and salad dressings.
- Demonstrate the steps in preparing various types of salads and salad dressings.
- Demonstrate the steps in preparing various types of dips, spreads and cold sauces.
- Identify the components of sandwiches, food platters and other cold food presentations.
- Demonstrate the steps in preparing a variety of sandwiches, food platters and other cold food presentations.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines