||This course covers the basics of safe food handling, hazards that threaten food safety systems and proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures. The course content meets the Food Manager Certification requirements for the State of Minnesota. Students will complete the National Restaurant Association ServSafe certification exam at the conclusion of the course.
- Recognize safe food handling procedures.
- Recognize food safety hazards.
- Demonstrate proper personal hygiene.
- Explain HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) food safety system.
- Identify safe storage procedures regarding food handling.
- Explain cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Identify pest management techniques.
- Understand purchasing and receiving procedures for safe food handling.
- Explain regulatory agencies and inspections.
- Complete ServSafe Certification exam.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines