||This course is an introduction to beef, pork, poultry, fish and seafood from basic classifications to preparation methods, handling techniques, market forms and accompaniments.
- Identify government inspection and grading for beef, pork and poultry.
- Examine purchasing methods for beef, pork, poultry and seafood.
- Identify beef, pork and poultry market forms.
- Identify poultry kinds and classes.
- Identify beef and pork fabricated cuts.
- Identify beef and pork primal cuts.
- Identify beef, pork and poultry composition and structure.
- Determine proper beef, pork and poultry storage.
- Identify market forms of finfish and shellfish.
- Identify cephalopods.
- Identify lean and fat fish.
- Identify mollusks.
- Examine fresh and salt water finfish.
- Determine proper shellfish and finfish storage.
- Identify crustaceans.
- Examine proper shellfish and finfish cooking methods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines