||This course will introduce the student to a variety of management styles and supervision techniques. Students will apply management styles and supervision skills in a live working culinary lab. The course also includes application of learned skills in the areas of evaluating production needs, staffing and training, purchasing and storeroom operations.
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate fundamental culinary skills, leadership and guidance.
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Monitor and oversee proper safety and sanitation standards in labs.
- Discuss a variety of management types, styles and hiring techniques.
- Evaluate and review the application of management decisions and supervisory styles applied in labs.
- Identify, evaluate and solve lab production and supervision issues and problems.
- Discuss management, supervision and training best practices.
- Research recipes and produce weekly menus within set criteria of the course.
- Conduct weekly production meetings with instructors and student supervisors.
- Complete daily production sheets for designated lab.
- Organize and communicate daily lab production to students in designated lab.
- Oversee lab production and employ a variety of management, supervision and training techniques.
- Evaluate completed food product and practical skills applied during production.
- Determine and incorporate force issue items and leftovers.
- Demonstrate proper receiving and storage procedures.
- Evaluate and manage food product inventory.
- Determine cost of food and food cost percent.
- Determine current food product level, forecast future needs and order ingredients required for production.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines