||This course is a systematic approach to developing menus, menu items and recipes for a well-defined concept or themed food operation. Students will learn and demonstrate how food trends, demographics, locality and culinary expertise influence current and past restaurant concepts.
- Differentiate food service market segments including food operations and service styles.
- Research and utilize market functions to produce a well-defined food operation concept or theme.
- Research and examine demographics to evaluate feasibility and identify a target market.
- Examine and demonstrate descriptive terminology used in writing menu copy.
- Examine and demonstrate state and federal regulations, requirements and guidelines in menu writing.
- Differentiate various forms of menu layouts and designs.
- Prepare formatted menu reflecting concept or theme that appeals to your target market.
- Examine and develop recipes for signature menu items.
- Apply marketing functions to develop a promotional strategy.
- Apply marketing functions to prepare a narrative for the promotional strategy.
- Apply marketing functions to deliver a promotional narrative to target customers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines