||This course covers the identification of meat cuts from beef, pork, lamb and veal and proper cooking and usage for fabricated cuts. It includes USDA inspection, quality and yield standards of meats as used in the food service industry.
- Identify the composition of meats.
- Identify aging methods for meat.
- Identify USDA inspection, yield, and grading standards.
- Identify meat structure.
- Examine proper safety and sanitation storage guidelines for meat products.
- Identify beef, pork, veal, and lamb primal cuts.
- Identify beef, pork, veal, and lamb fabricated cuts.
- Determine cooking methods of meat cuts.
- Examine processed meat products.
- Examine cooking loss costing.
- Calculate portion costs.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines