||This course covers the hands-on application of the skills required for a breakfast cook to prepare the typical breakfast menu items of a restaurant ranging from basic egg cookery to breakfast buffet set-up and service.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Facilitate effective communication.
- Demonstrate good customer relations.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Maintain clean work station.
- Demonstrate mise en place.
- Demonstrate proper plate presentation: garnish, color, balance, contrast.
- Maintain proper food storage.
- Demonstrate proper utilization of leftover food products.
- Prepare menu items according to specifications.
- Plan and organize breakfast buffet.
- Demonstrate basic egg cookery skills.
- Utilize and prepare various breakfast meats.
- Identify and prepare waffles, pancakes, French toast and syrups.
- Identify and prepare flavored butters and cream cheese.
- Utilize and prepare various hot and cold breakfast beverages.
- Utilize breakfast pastries.
- Clean and maintain dairy cooler and line coolers.
- Evaluate completed food product.
- Facilitate proper buffet setup, display and merchandizing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines