||This course covers the hands-on application of the skills required for a cook to plan and execute banquet and buffet set-up and service. It also provides an exposure to a variety of service types and classical forms of food presentation and display.
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Exhibit teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper tool and buffet equipment operation.
- Acquire and assess resources for themed buffet project.
- Observe and carve fruits and vegetables for garnishes and displays.
- Observe ice carving logistics and techniques.
- Demonstrate proper buffet organization and food production.
- Create portfolio of themed buffet and display work.
- Evaluate completed food product.
- Facilitate proper buffet setup, display and merchandizing.
- Demonstrate proper action station set-up and execution.
- Prepare a variety of food items using Old World techniques.
- Examine and evaluate cheese classifications.
- Prepare a variety of cheese, fruit and meat platters and displays.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines