||This course introduces the student to the range of foods from Italy. Course will examine the origins of Italian cuisine including the cultural, historical and environmental factors that shape the cuisine.
||Approved equivalent experience
- Display professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Identify and demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Research Italian cuisine and recipes.
- Identify and demonstrate specific Italian preparation techniques, styles and cooking methods.
- Identify sources and demonstrate the use of Italian food ingredients and seasonings.
- Prepare Italian foods.
- Critique prepared Italian foods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines