||This course covers advanced meat processing of beef, veal, pork and lamb and the art of sausage making. The course will also cover Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety protocols for meat processing in the professional kitchen.
|| CULN1210 AND CULN1215
Approved equivalent experience
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards including HACCP protocols.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper knife, tool and meat-processing equipment operation.
- Identify the composition, bone and muscle structure of meats.
- Examine and demonstrate processing of beef, pork, veal and lamb.
- Identify and calculate regulated ingredients used in processed meats and sausages.
- Examine and demonstrate curing meats.
- Examine and demonstrate making fresh and cooked/smoked sausages and charcuterie.
- Examine and demonstrate packaging and labeling processed meats, sausages and charcuterie.
- Calculate processing costs and establish retail pricing of processed meats.
- Evaluate and analyze finished processed meats and charcuterie items.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines