||This course requires application of the practical skills and principles needed to manage and oversee production in a commercial food operation. It includes application of learned skills in the areas of production, supervising, menu writing, purchasing, storeroom operation and merchandising.
|| CULN1102 AND CULN1120 AND CULN1104
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Exhibit teamwork and professionalism.
- Monitor and enforce safety and sanitation standards.
- Employ menu writing standards and determine recipe conversions.
- Research recipes and produce weekly menus within set criteria of the course.
- Format and distribute weekly menu for merchandising.
- Determine and incorporate force issue items and leftovers.
- Evaluate current food product levels and forecast future needs.
- Determine and formulate food products required for weekly menu production.
- Demonstrate proper receiving and storage procedures.
- Determine and complete daily lab production sheets.
- Organize and communicate daily lab production to students.
- Supervise lab production, applying various managerial styles and techniques.
- Identify, evaluate and solve lab production issues and problems.
- Evaluate the application of management decisions and supervisory styles.
- Present and discuss supervisory topics and techniques.
- Conduct menu planning meetings with instructors.
- Conduct menu planning meetings with student supervisors.
- Evaluate completed food product.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines