||This course covers the cost structure of food service operations and provides methods and applications to monitor and control food and labor costs.
- Identify costs to the food service operation.
- Determine factors that affect costs.
- Prepare income statements.
- Calculate daily, weekly, and monthly food and labor cost percentages.
- Calculate portion costs.
- Estimate menu pricing.
- Develop operating budget.
- Examine the purchasing process.
- Examine storeroom issue and inventory systems.
- Calculate inventory for end-of-month food cost.
- Examine cooking loss tests.
- Examine employee labor cost factors.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines