||This class provides students with a broad understanding, skills and techniques of baking, pastry and confections used in the industry today. The student will be introduced to cake and pastry formulations, cake decoration, sugar and chocolate confections.
|| CULN1102 AND CULN1122 AND CULN1106
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Exhibit professionalism.
- Prepare cakes utilizing a variety of formulas and techniques.
- Prepare a variety of buttercreams and icings.
- Identify and utilize cake decorating tools and equipment.
- Demonstrate frosting and icing of layer and sheet cakes.
- Create decorative icing borders, flowers and leaves.
- Prepare a variety of plated, petit fours and individual desserts.
- Prepare frozen desserts and custards.
- Prepare cooked sugar confections.
- Prepare a variety of chocolate-based confections, bon bons and candies.
- Prepare international pastry and laminated doughs.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines