||This course introduces the student to the range of foods from China and Korea. It will examine the origins of Chinese and Korean cuisine including the cultural, historical and environmental factors that shape the cuisine.
|| CULN1210 AND CULN1215
Approved equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Identify and demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Research Chinese and Korean cuisine and recipes.
- Identify and demonstrate specific Chinese and Korean preparation technics, styles and cooking methods.
- Identify sources and demonstrate the use of Chinese and Korean food ingredients and seasonings.
- Prepare Chinese and Korean foods.
- Critique prepared Chinese and Korean foods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines