||This course introduces the student to the range of foods from Japan. It will examine the origins of Japanese cuisine including the cultural, historical and environmental factors that shape the cuisine.
|| CULN1210 AND CULN1215
Approved equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Identify and demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Research Japanese cuisine and recipes.
- Identify and demonstrate specific Japanese preparation techniques, styles and cooking methods.
- Identify sources and demonstrate the use of Japanese food ingredients and seasonings.
- Prepare Japanese foods.
- Critique prepared Japanese foods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines