||This course introduces the student to the range of foods from Southeast Asia including Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. The course will examine the origins of Southeast Asian cuisine including the cultural, historical and environmental factors that shape the cuisine.
Approved equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Identify and demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Research Southeast Asian cuisine and recipes.
- Identify and demonstrate specific Southeast Asian preparation techniques, styles and cooking methods.
- Identify sources and demonstrate the use of Southeast Asian food ingredients and seasonings.
- Prepare Southeast Asian foods.
- Critique prepared Southeast Asian foods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines