||This course introduces the student to the range of foods from New Orleans. The course will examine the origins of Cajun and Creole cuisines including the cultural, historical and environmental factors that shape the cuisine.
|| CULN1210 AND CULN1215
Approved equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism.
- Exhibit safety and sanitation standards.
- Identify and demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Research Cajun and Creole cuisine and recipes.
- Identify and demonstrate specific Cajun and Creole preparation techniques, styles and cooking methods.
- Identify sources and demonstrate the use of Cajun and Creole food ingredients and seasonings.
- Prepare Cajun and Creole foods.
- Critique prepared Cajun and Creole foods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines