||This course is an introduction to occupational safety and health in business and industry. It includes studying the Occupational Safety and Health Act, accident prevention techniques, job task analysis and safety design including ergonomics, job and system safety, empowering employees, and training employees for safe practices. Participants will discuss best practices to gain management and employee commitment to the development of a safety culture.
- Develop a plan to gain management commitment to a safe workplace.
- Describe OSHA and OSHA compliance.
- Identify safety hazards at your workplace.
- Identify accident prevention techniques.
- Describe benefits of creating a safe workplace.
- Develop a plan for safety communication and commitment.
- Define the role and responsibility of the safety manager.
- Analyze job tasks and their compliance to safe work practices.
- Develop a safety implementation plan for your organization.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines